Position: Design Engineer
Location: Ayr, ON
The Design Engineer will provide support to clients across the country and internationally, maintaining AIL's core values and high service standards and continuing to build on our reputation as a trusted advisor in the industry.
- The Design of MSE retaining wall and corrugated metal buried structures
- Responsible for the development, implementation, and monitoring of work plans to achieve goals and objectives
- Guide the integration of geotechnical services in AIL solutions
- Provide day-to-day leadership to ensure a high performance, customer-service oriented work environment
- Support the Department's and Company's mission, objectives and values regarding team building and employee empowerment
- Work with contractors and on-site employees to ensure the quality and successful use of material and placement methods
- Involved in local and international research, advancing AIL's ability to use on-site soil in project applications
Education and Experience:
- A Registered Professional Engineer (preferably from civil discipline) with licenses from various Canadian provinces (i.e. Ontario, Alberta and BC)
- Minimum of 5 years experience in geotechnical engineering (ideally structural expertise)
- FEA design experience with structure would be a definite asset
- Ability to understand foundation improvement requirements as it relates to geotechnical design reports and design solutions (i.e. Geogrid, Pile, Mat, etc. type solutions)
- Strong verbal and oral communications skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage time and priorities effectively
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to work with and mentor internal technical and sales staff
- Bilingualism (English and French) a definite asset
AIL offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. If you have the required skills and are interested in joining a leading innovator of infrastructure solutions, submit your resume in confidence to ail.ca. Please note the position "Design Engineer, Ayr, Ontario" in the subject line of your email.
About AIL: With coverage throughout North America, Atlantic Industries Limited (AIL) is an award-winning innovator of engineered solutions in structural plate, MSE wall systems, sound wall systems, corrugated pipe and prefabricated bridges. We have been adding value to the world’s most successful infrastructure projects for over 40 years.