Position: Director of Human Resources
Department: Human Resources
Location: Dorchester, NB
Atlantic Industries Limited (AIL) is seeking a Director of Human Resources to join our team at our office in Dorchester, NB. You will work closely with the President of AIL Canada to develop and execute a human resource plan that meets the strategic growth plans of the company.
- Work closely with the Executive Team on organizational planning and transformation issues.
- Direct the process of organizational planning that evaluates structure, job design, and headcount forecasting.
- Evaluate plans and changes to plans regarding HR requirements, and make recommendations to senior management.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to all levels of management regarding HR issues.
- Determine and recommend performance management and employee relations practices necessary to establish and/or maintain a competitive, performance-based culture and ensure employee retention.
- Direct the process of organizational and employee development to ensure that the core competencies and skills required to transform the business are articulated and acquired in all positions across the organization.
- Responsible for setting HR short and long-range strategies in concert with the corporate strategic planning process.
- Formulate and recommend HR policies and objectives for the entire organization.
- Be the major interface for employee relations and provide ongoing feedback to the Executive Team.
- Co-ordinate and maintain AIL recruiting strategy, including overseeing approval process, advertising, pre-screening, interviewing, offer letters, and orientation process.
- Recommend and review total compensation strategies, including base salary structure, pay policies and practices, short-term incentives and bonus plans, as well as administrative support of all the above on an annual basis.
- Knowledge of applicable HR law and strategies for compliance and avoidance of legal claims
- Knowledge of benchmark practices in recognition and reward systems, employee acquisition and development practices, and employee retention strategies
- Skill in written and oral communications, including group presentations, group facilitation, and one-on-one consultation
- Bachelor Degree in Human Resources and 6 to 10 years relevant experience (with at least 3 years in a senior role) or an equivalent of similar education and experience
Submit expression of interest and resumes to ail.ca.