Position: Inside Sales Representative
Location: Dorchester, New Brunswick
Atlantic Industries Limited (AIL) Canada is a world leader in developing efficient engineering solutions in corrugated metal structure, retaining wall systems, corrugated pipe, and prefabricated bridges for the transportation, public works, mining, forestry, and development sectors.
Beginning with our headquarters in southern New Brunswick, AIL now has offices and operations across Canada and internationally, adding value to the world’s most successful infrastructure projects for almost 50 years.
We are recruiting an Inside Sales Representative to work from our Dorchester office. Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager, you will be responsible for identifying and acting upon opportunities for the sale of AIL products and promoting AIL’s products and solutions while maintaining our core values and high service standards. You will be a strong contributor to our reputation as a Trusted Advisor in the industry. You will be responsible for selling corporate products or services through the achievement of opportunity-based sales quotas. You will reach business targets through excellent telephone sales and communications skills. This individual will also develop his or her phone-based revenue generation through the creation of sales leads, initiation of prospect calls, and establishment of ongoing rapport with existing and potential customers. Integrity, vision, and passion are essential for this role.
- Contributing to the sales budget and providing top quality customer service.
- Establishing strong professional relationships, ensuring quotes, follow-up and other customer requirements are handled in a timely and exemplary manner.
- In this small, independent office, you will also be responsible for providing day-to-day support of various office administrative responsibilities.
- Set up and deliver sales presentations, product/service demonstrations, and other sales actions.
- Assist in creating RFP responses to potential clients.
- Handle inbound, unsolicited prospect calls and convert them into sales.
- Emphasize product/service features and benefits, quote prices, discuss credit terms, and prepare sales order forms and/or reports.
- Investigate and troubleshoot customer service issues.
- Enter new customer data and update changes to existing accounts in the corporate database.
- A post secondary education, along with two to three years of related experience in customer service and sales.
- Knowledge of the construction industry is a definite asset.
- Results oriented with a professional sense of urgency and a “can do” attitude.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with customers.
- Organized with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Great computer skills are required, including a working knowledge of MS Excel, Word, and Outlook, as well as ERP systems (ideally Visual) and Customer Relationship Management software, such as Salesforce.com.
- Exceptional verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Self-motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm.
- Able to perform basic calculations and mathematical figures.
- Ability to occasionally travel and attend sales events or exhibits.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- High level of integrity and work ethic.
To express your interest in this position, please forward your resume and cover letter to ail.ca. Please quote the position title, “Inside Sales Rep — Dorchester” in the subject line of your email.
To learn more about Atlantic Industries Limited, visit our website at www.ail.ca.