Position: Regional Engineer
Department: Sound Walls Division
Location: Ayr, ON
With a mandate to support the sale of sound barrier wall products, the Regional Engineer will provide technical engineering support to the Sound Walls Division and customers to ensure successful completion of initiatives from the product approval phase to post-sale installation.
- Prepare submissions for engineered product approvals from government and private agencies, and manage through to successful approval.
- Assist Sales Reps in targeted meetings and presentations with consultants and owners to gain engineered product specifications.
- Assist Sales Manager in the development of technical presentations for target companies.
- Liaise with internal and third party consultants to prepare designs and drawings for orders.
- Manage projects to successful completion.
- May be required to seal drawings and/or write letters of certification for engineered product installations.
- Prepare preliminary designs for sales using design tools provided for standard designs.
- Assist in reviewing plans and specifications for sales prior to proposal delivery.
- Assist Sales Reps and customers with site assistance. Provide training to reps to make them capable for general start-up assistance.
- Work with management on an outsourcing plan for large structures/projects.
- Assist in writing and reviewing engineered product proposals, costs, and scopes of work, quotations and submissions to clients.
- Write technical papers for industry organizations and represent AIL on relevant industry organizations and committees.
Education and Experience:
- Degree in Civil Engineering
- P. Eng. designation
- A minimum of 5 years relevant progressive experience is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must have the capability to plan, coordinate, analyze, and execute
- Computer literacy and a working knowledge with engineering plans and specifications
- Previous product approvals, jobsite and/or construction experience
: Chris Wentzell (ail.ca