Custom solutions that ship and install easily.
Big R Vehicular Modular Bridges are ideal for transportation and public works applications. Using equipment on hand, local crews can typically place the superstructure in one day – reducing costs and road closure time.
Spans from 4.8 m (16') to over 45.7 m (150') are available in any width. Superstructures can be fabricated with both square and skewed ends to suit any site conditions and can have truss panels added to enhance architecture.
- Permanent or temporary applications
- Variety of widths and spans up to 45.7 m (150')
- 2.4 m (8') wide modules are typical
- 10.7 cm (4.25") corrugated steel deck is standard
- Decking options - poured or precast concrete, asphalt, grating, wood or gravel
- Weathering, Galvanized or Painted Steel
- Bearing plates and pads
- Curb or rail system
- Excellent fish passage solutions
- Sidewalks and utility corridors can be added to enhance use
- Strong: able to withstand heavy-duty loading
- No waiting for concrete to cure
- Easy installation, even in rugged terrain
- Shorter road closure times
- Use local contractors or your own crew
- Shorter bridges can be installed with excavators or wheel loader
- Stream Crossings
- Road or Rail Overpasses
- Detour Bridges
Typical Modular Bridge Section
Modular sections are typically 8' wide for shipping on standard trailers, with module lengths up to 24.3 m (80') long. Lengths greater than 24.3 m (80') will have a field-bolted longitudinal splice. Custom lengths and widths are easily accommodated.