Best•Kote Polymer Coating on Plate Products
Providing a design service life of 75+ years, AIL has partnered with some of the world’s leading coating developers to provide Best•Kote Polymer Coating. For extended service life of Ultra•Cor, Super•Cor and Bolt-A-Plate structures, Best•Kote Polymer Coating offers superior protection and long-term durability.
- Economical solution for extended service life of structure
- Ideal for aggressive environmental conditions
- Excellent corrosion and abrasion resistance
- Available on Ultra•Cor, Super•Cor or Bolt-A-Plate Structural Steel Plate
- Protects against corrosion, abrasion and inorganic acid, salts or alkali (diluted)
- 360˚ protection for total coverage
- Can be applied to all or part of a structure
- Structural Plate Arches and Bridges
- Grade Separations
- Road or Rail Underpasses
- Stream Crossings
- Fish Passages
- Storm Sewers
- Protection Structures
Optional Coating: Best•Kote Polymer Coating
This coating system provides two layers of protection – a zinc-rich base layer and a Polymer finish layer on top of steel plate.
- Polymer Finish Layer: Ethylene Acrylic Acid Polymer provides superior resistance to corrosion, abrasion and inorganic acid, salts or akali (diluted).
- Zinc-Rich Base Layer: Provides excellent corrosion resistance and barrier protection.
To coat. Or not to coat.
Soil conditions at the installation site can greatly influence your decision. Your AIL Technical Sales Representative can help determine your site requirements.