Heavy duty Ultra•Cor chosen for haul road stream crossing
When a Quebec mine site needed to construct a stream crossing for a new heavy haul road, they chose AIL’s Ultra•Cor for all the right reasons:
- Faster, more economical than a traditional bridge
- Enviro friendly, did not disturb the riverbed
- No ribs, faster on-site installation
- Ultra-deep corrugations support the heaviest loads
- Ultra•Cor combines all the advantages of lightweight construction with previously unheard-of strength and durability to create the largest corrugated metal structures in the world today.
This structure was designed for heavy loading with a 19.6 m span and a 9.83 m rise. Plate assembly was completed in one week.