NBDTI chooses AIL aluminum for large coastal culvert
When the New Brunswick Department of Transportation and Infrastructure (NBDTI) was looking for a large aluminum culvert for a salt water installation near Cocagne, AIL got the nod to produce and deliver the required pipe. Unlike some competitors, we had aluminum coil in stock and the manufacturing experience needed for a quick turnaround on the 3 m diameter sections.
Aluminum – heal thyself!
Feeling a little rusty on aluminum? Find out what makes it so durable and long-lasting in harsh salt water or soft water environments.
Superior corrosion/abrasion resistance
When it comes to drainage solutions, corrosion/abrasion-resistant aluminum pipe is the material of choice due to the protection it provides throughout its entire thickness. Aluminum’s performance is enhanced by the tough oxide film that develops on the surface of the material when exposed to air. This tenacious film is difficult to remove and, if removed, will reform due to “self-healing”.
AIL Corrugated Aluminum Pipe offers many important features and benefits:
- Economical, strong, lightweight and easy to install
- Variety of sizes, corrugation profiles, and thicknesses
- Very resistant to abrasion and corrosion
- 75+ year design service life
- Complete line of standard and specialized fittings and accessories
- Available in Round Pipe or Pipe Arch Profiles
- Can be used to reline existing systems
- Full engineering support and field service
- Performs well in salt water / soft water environments